Ads 468x60px

Friday, October 25, 2013

Bahama Mama

When I was told my shoot would be in the Bahamas. I gasped. I was practically raised in the Bahamas by my avid spear-fisherman father. Which Bahamas? No not the Nassau "Atlantis" resort room service kind of Bahamas but the Green Turtle Cay rent a house with no television or phone, out on the boat all day snorkeling reef to reef. The eat what you catch kind of Bahamas! When I was in high school I had the worst fish food poisoning of my life in these Islands, afterwards the sight of a red lobster commercial made my stomach churn.
The Bahamas are in my blood. It's not fancy, the people are as warm as the sunshine, the water is crystal, and the sand is powdery white. Its always Island Time, and I am always ready for a Bahama Mama. Don't worry be happy. With all this,  my absolute favorite gift that the Bahamas gives is the answer to everything & anything--  a resounding "Yah Mon".

So off I went in June to the remote Island of Exuma, with photographer Raquel Rischard , hair/makeup maven  Becca Janian & producer Zach . 3 fun filled days of shooting, weather, drama, sand, boats, Island time and Island hopping. We obsessed over the Vine app which as i write this has already been replaced by Instagram video.
See Video click HERE & HERE!

I am blessed to have worked with such a wonderful team. Lately "gratitude" has become a huge mantra of mine.  I am thankful for the triumphs and the missteps in my life, Namaste.

Bahamas Credits:

Grand Isle Resort, Exuma Bahamas
Photographer, Raquel Rischard
MUA, Becca Janian
Producer & Kalik expert, Zack Solof
My SLS- I don't tell you enough, how lucky I am to be your wife.

Photos Published in:
FHM Philippines Click Here
Guyism.com Click Here
CKM Poland  Click Here


"Unity is strength... when there is teamwork and collaboration, wonderful things can be achieved."



FHM,  The background was so perfect it looks fake!


Guyism.com 
CKM Poland 
Last shot of the entire shoot & its my favorite. Kaki West by Raquel Riscahrd

Beautiful Exuma, Bahamas, Jet Setter,  photographer Raquel Rischard & MUA Becca Janian


Fun in the Sand Behind the scenes shot

Lying down on the mist beautiful sand bar. Kaki West by Raquel Rischard

Collage of some of the Published shots
Kaki West FHM

















0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...