Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Team Babies


They say it takes a village to raise a child. In my case it took a village to create my children. This blog is dedicated to the wonderful Doctors and holistic angels whom have helped me. My pregnancy journey, was long and full of highs and lows. Until finally the miracle news that I was pregnant with twins! I have listed my all star female team, I hope this can aid some of you whom are seeking guidance on your pregnancy journeys. We are bicoastal with homes in LA and NYC so below are my referrals to "team baby" on both coasts.

Love,
Kaki

Los Angeles
If you are trying to get pregnant, go see Dr. Wendy Chang. Dr Chang is the pregnancy whisperer, she has a calming voice, a strict set of rules and knows the mysteries of the human body. Plus she cares, doctors can have tough bed side manners, not Dr Chang she laughs all the time and somehow works 7 days a week with a big smile! She was a perfectionist with my body and got me pregnant with twins, which was a miracle.
In Hawaii, 3 days after I got the news I was pregnant from Dr Chang! But had no idea it was twins!


My other baby guru is Reiki master Patti Penn. Patti has a deep Irish accent and a no non-sense approach. Thru reiki I became centered and let my body and soul open to what I wanted most, a baby. Patti knew I was having twins, before I was even pregnant!! She taps into your soul and it's the most wonderful therapeutic healing.
10 weeks pregnant with twins, my husband took this photo, fitting as our twins were made in LA ;)



New York City
NYC has some of the best hospitals and doctors in the country. But I am having twins and deemed a"high risk" pregnancy. I found the wonderful Dr Joanne Stone at Mount Sinai hospital. Dr Stone is petite & stunning, she walked into the room with a lab coat and valentino high heels. It was love at first sight for me! I have had horrible morning sickness and migraines so it has been physically hard on my body. I was so horribly sick that I lost weight in my first trimester. They say this is very common with twins, hence double the hormones equals double the nauseas! Dr Stone has been there for me every step of the way. I can email her  24/7 & she has been empathetic to me just having a "rough" pregnancy. Each woman's pregnancy is different, my body went into shock with these twins. I am still not out of the woods at 22 weeks ( 5months in twins world) but I focus on the positive that I am finally pregnant.
12 weeks pregnant in Montana on a vacation with my husband. I was so sick this trip, threw up every day, sometimes twice a day. But I loved Montana, the air is perfection.


I was recommended to acupuncture to help alleviate my morning sickness, fatigue & headaches. I swear by Cherrie Laygo  a veteran acupuncturist and Chinese herbalist. She has helped so much in making me feel physically better and can work wonders. I see her once a week & if I am having a bad week I see her twice. Every time I leave feeling reenergized, calm & alive.

Pre-natal massage has been my saving grace. My massage therapist is Nicole Kung. Nicole is skilled in pressure points and very holistic in her approach to the human body. She specializes in acupressure. She has helped me flush out water weight and reduced my acid reflux. She is spiritual in her approach to the body, which I love. We are both a bit psychic too, which is a delight in exchanging visions.

Pilates & yoga are the best exercises for pregnant women. They focus on lengthening the ligaments and are gentle on the body.  My pilates/yoga instructor is Nicola Yvette. Nici is a former ballerina, she is discipled and strict with a soft touch. She has helped me maintain my physique while growing these twins! Every time our sessions are over I'm exhausted, but feel so good after the workouts. I didn't work out during the first trimester, I only walked every day to Tribeca and back 2 miles. I was way too sick. But finally week 16 I came back to the living a little. In my opinion you have to just battle thru it. On days your exhausted, stay in bed. On some days I can do 2 hours, one cardio and one hour pilates. Whatever it is, I listen to my body, in other words I listen to my twins!
Pilates at 21 weeks with trainer Nici taking the photo, spot her in the mirror!

My trainer "Roki" pulling me on our walks to Tribeca on the westside highway. 

Ready for my walk down the westside highway at 19 weeks with Roki. I was sending this selfie to my sister who was demanding a bump photo!







0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...